To accompany the sermon series “Give Thanks!”
1. We have the promise that God will keep His promises
Ps 145:13 Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom,
and your dominion endures through all generations.
The Lord is faithful to all his promises
and loving toward all he has made.
2. We have the Promise that God will provide food and shelter for us.
Philippians 4:19 And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.
3. We have the Promise that God will give us a hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
4. We have the Promise that God will forgive us.
“If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” —1 John 1:9
5.We have a promise of God’s has an answer to our prayers
“This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him.” —1 John 5:14-15
6. We have a promise of rest.
Matthew 11:28-29 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
7. We have the Promise that God will give us strength in whatever difficulty we face
“Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.” —Isaiah 41:10
8. We have a promise of peace
Proverbs 1:33 But all who listen to me will live in peace, untroubled by fear of harm.”
9. We have a promise of God’s presence wherever we go
“The Lord is the one who goes ahead of you; He will be with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.” —Deuteronomy 31:8
10. We have a promise of God’s daily help with our burdens. “Blessed be the Lord, who daily bears our burden, the God who is our salvation.” —Psalm 68:19
11. We have a promise of God’s of A way of escape when we are tempted
“No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.” —1 Corinthians 10:13
12. We have a promise of God’s Wisdom for every challenge
“If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him.”—James 1:5
13. We have a promise of God’s Gentleness for our weary souls
“Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” —Matthew 11:28-29
14. We have a promise of God’s will give us the desires of our hearts
“Delight yourself in the Lord; and He will give you the desires of your heart.” —Psalm 37:4
15. We have a promise of God’s Help in times of trouble.
“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change and though the mountains slip into the heart of the sea; though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains quake at its swelling pride. ” —Psalm 46:1-3
16. We have a promise of God’s Guidance along the pathway of life
“I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you.” —Psalm 32:8
17. We have a promise of God’s healing for our diseases and wounds
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget none of His benefits; who pardons all your iniquities, who heals all your diseases.” —Psalm 103:3
18. We have a promise of God’s absolute guarantee of God’s love
“I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” —Romans 8:38-39
19. We have a promise of God’s Eternal security
“My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand.—John 10:27-28
20. We have a promise of God’s Heaven as our eternal home
“Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also.” —John 14:1-3